Sunday, January 22, 2012

So this time it really was the diabetes...

Wowza. What a difference a tuna sandwich can make. I'd talked myself into feeling like such crap that I decided sitting motionless at my computer and maybe dozing off was the best thing to do. That was boring. So, I started this blog.

Then, I was getting really woozy and light headed and I wasn't completely brain dead so I knew I had to get something to eat.

I cleaned my hot pot, thinking maybe I'd cook a little spaghetti and my brain was finding the task to be too much of a challenge, not to mention that I also was needing to hang onto the sink to stay standing up. I was not doing well. Not at all. I couldn't wait for the spaghetti.

I opened a can of tuna, slapped in some mayo and pickle relish and a dash of mustard, mashed it around, had it on a sandwich roll and was eating before I collapsed into my computer chair. That and a cup of coffee has me feeling a bit better. But, I am still feeling a bit woozy. Not sure why since I ate.

Anyway, I am feeling better. Wow. That was weird.

And that's one of the reasons why, if you know an elderly and/or disabled person who lives alone, it's a good thing to check in with them at least once a day by phone and if you can see them in person, so much the better.

There's a lot of simple stuff that doesn't get done around here just because I don't feel good. Make an old person feel wonderful and give them some of your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...